Many people consider the power of positive thinking as utter nonsense. They don't take it seriously. They scoff at people who believe it because they either don't know what they meant, or they don't consider them effective.
However, those who accept it do not know how to use it to get the desired results. Then again, this subject is gaining popularity as manifested by the many courses, lectures, and books about it.
Negative thoughts, is the way to frustration, failure, and disappointment because its words bring up unhappy moods and action. Positive thinking, on the other hand, is an attitude that expects joy, happiness, health, and success. It brings brightness to our eyes, enables us to enjoy a pleasant feeling, and gives us happiness and more energy. It affects our health in beneficial ways. We walk tall, and our body shows what we feel.
Other people can sense this aura, and it affects the people we meet. Is it any wonder why we want to be around positive people and avoid anyone broadcasting negativity?
Here, are some beneficial instructions to help you develop the power of positive thinking.
• The power of positive thinking can subconsciously shape your life, but you can make it a conscious one.
• Ignore what other people will say when you change the way you think.
• Visualize beneficial situations.
• Only use positive words when talking with other or in your inner dialogues.
• Smile because it will help you think positively.
• When negative thoughts enter your mind, replace it with constructive ones. It will reenter your mind, but you have to replace it again. Eventually, your persistence to replace negative thoughts will teach your mind to think positively.
• If you think positively, circumstances will change and give you favorable results no matter what your circumstances are.
• Another useful technique is creative visualization and affirmations.
The power of positive thinking is an incredible gift that will put your life and challenges into perspective because it will reduce stress. Life will definitely throw some curveballs but hitting that home run is worth it. So, the next time you find yourself struggling to bring a touch of positive thinking into a particular situation, try the following methods:
• Take a deep breath.
• Try a calming centered activity like tai chi, yoga, or playing a musical instrument.
• Cut back on alcohol and smoking.
• Communicate your needs and be assertive.
• Reflect on people and things that bring you joy.
Have you done something to bring the power of positive thinking into your life?
Janet Grace Ortigas is the Founder/Managing Director of Visual SEO Copy, the brainchild of a vision to create a writing service that provides a diverse and high-quality digital content across online platforms for entrepreneurs and business.